- Installs, configures, and maintains a variety of operating systems, including Linux, Windows and Virtualization Technologies (VMWare and KVM).
- Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system's servers, hardware, applications, and software.
- Monitors systems performance and ensures compliance with security standards including participation in regular security audits.
- Performs systems maintenance tasks, such as system patching, back-ups, verifies, recovery and file maintenance.
- Schedules, installs, and tests system software upgrades.
- Configures software and resolves technical problems.
- Utilizes proper Change Control and Configuration Management processes.
- Monitors and maintains software licensing and maintenance agreements.
- Monitors and maintains hardware warranty and support contracts.
- Creates and manages accounts and role based permissions for source code control.
- Develops and writes comprehensive technical documents including architectural roadmaps, physical and virtual infrastructure topologies.
- Participates in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:What you will need:
- 2+ years working in a Systems Administrator role, demonstrating advanced skills with Linux, Windows and Virtualization Technologies (VMWare and KVM).
- Ability to work in an unstructured, fast-changing environment with rapid release cycles.
- Demonstrates skills in performance tuning and disaster recovery strategies.
- Ability to work with teams to develop automated processes and procedures to promote rapid responses to issues.
- Experienced in Shell scripting.
- Experience with Docker Containers.
- Experience with GiT and/or other source control systems.
What will put you ahead:
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds without assistance. Help available if needed.
- May require squatting or kneeling.
- Experience with system orchestration (Ansible, Puppet, Saltstack).
- Experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud.
- Experience with PostgresSQL and MYSQL Database administration.
- Build/Deployment/CI Systems.
- ITIL Foundation.
- Linux - Certified SYSADMIN.
- VMWare VCA.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related degree program or equivalent experience.Job Type:
Full medical benefits, vacation/sick leave and paid holidaysJob Location:
Mesa, AZRequired Language:
Director of Technology OperationsTo Apply:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org For all positions:
Salary commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
All offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.